Resin or rosin?

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sun Nov 10 23:34:04 UTC 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Millie Webb wrote:

#Again, color me confused, if you must, but isn't the word spelled
#"resin" relative to a fiddle or violin bow?  Or maybe there are
#alternate spellings?  This could be a great word for the odd Boggle
#games some friends and I have recently become addicted to.  -- Millie
#
##Isn't "Acres of Clams" a different set of words to a folk tune also called
##"Rosin the Beau"?   (which I interpet as an instruction to the fiddler,
##"Rosin the bow!")

For this song, at least, the title is definitely "R<o>sin the Beau".

-- Mark A. Mandel