Runza (1950)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 17 17:51:05 UTC 2002

The new volume of DARE has "runza.:  This is the earliest trademark
information for the place (not necessarily the food)...."Sashima" is an item
I did not expect to be in DARE, but it is.  My NEW YORK TIMES antedate must
have been too late.  "Roux" is an item I _did_ expect to be in DARE, but it's
not.  John Mariani's ENYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN FOOD AND DRINK explains "Creole
roux" and "Cajun roux."  I'd put it in my top ten of Louisiana regional
foods.

Typed DrawingWord Mark  RUNZA

Goods and Services  IC 030. US 046. G & S: SANDWICH-LIKE FOOD ITEMS FOR
CONSUMPTION ON OR OFF THE PREMISES. FIRST USE: 19500000. FIRST USE IN
COMMERCE: 19500000
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   73113590
Filing Date January 25, 1977
Registration Number 1119748
Registration Date   June 5, 1979
Owner   (REGISTRANT) RUNZA DRIVE-INNS OF AMERICA, INC. CORPORATION NEBRASKA
1501 N. 56TH ST. LINCOLN NEBRASKA 68504(LAST LISTED OWNER) RUNZA NATIONAL,
INC. CORPORATION ASSIGNEE OF NEBRASKA 5931 SOUTH 58 ST., SUITE D P.O. BOX
6042 LINCOLN NEBRASKA 68506

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record  CARL J SJULIN
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK