Take the chair in Atlanta

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 26 15:57:00 UTC 2002

Here's an opportunity for those planning to attend our annual meeting in
Atlanta January 2-4. We have seven sessions that need chairs. As you know,
the job of a chair is simple: show up ahead of time, meet the speakers,
introduce them,  diplomatically ensure that they keep on schedule, and field
questions if there is time.

You can find the seven sessions listed in our September newsletter, available
now by pdf from our website www.americandialect.org.

If you're interested, please let me know, and tell me if you have a
preference for a session. You can even get your name in the official LSA
program if you let me know before December 2. Yes, I know this is late notice
and it's a holiday week. . . .

Happy Thanksgiving! - Allan Metcalf
(send your reply to me at AAllan at aol.com, rather than the whole list)