a whole other question

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Thu Oct 10 17:41:06 UTC 2002

I agree with the reanalysis judgment (vs. infixing)--but more seriously,
why does the slogan bother you so much?  And yes, even we "articulate"
Ohioans use both versions of the phrase, whether we're word mavens or
not.  It survives because it's useful.

Beverly Flanigan
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Ohio University