Kosher (Feb. 1847); Armenian menu (1922)

Michael Vezie mlv at POBOX.COM
Tue Oct 15 16:42:33 UTC 2002

This message was a virus.  But it didn't come from Bapopik.

It came from someone at Ohio University who (I'm guessing) owns a Compaq (and calls their computer "compaq").  This based on the header which showed:

        by oak1a.cats.ohiou.edu (8.12.0.Beta19/8.12.0.Beta19) with SMTP id g9FDw4Ol597673;
        Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:58:05 -0400 (EDT)

Also, I saw it personally, not via the list (I get the list in digest form daily, so any mail by Bapopik
sent to me personally is a surprise).  This also means that I'm probably in this person's address book.
That means it's almost certainly someone on this list, because I (unfortunately) don't otherwise associate
with linguists.

I don't know what kind of virus it is, but someone identified it as bugbear.

And of course, if you open the attachment, update your virus checking software and scan for viruses
(you are probably now infected).

Michael