Rally Monkey & Indy Colts' Monkeys

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 21 12:14:38 UTC 2002

In a message dated 10/21/02 3:46:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Bapopik at AOL.COM
writes:

> Those following the baseball World Series are familiar with the Anaheim
>  Angels' "Rally Monkey."  I didn't find that trademark, but the football
>  Indianapolis Colts have registered Touchdown Monkey, Field Goal Monkey, Two
>  Point Conversion Monkey, Extra Point Monkey, Safety Monkey, and
>  Sack Monkey:

I remember about ten years ago when a sportscaster named Howard Cosell got
himself into an Africa-size pot of hot water by using the term "monkey" to
refer to an African-American football player.

Does this mean it is possible for a word to get OFF the politically incorrect
list?

         - Jim Landau