Churkendoose (2000) & Turducken (1980)

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Mon Oct 21 18:21:09 UTC 2002

--On Monday, October 21, 2002 1:31 PM -0400 Mark A Mandel
<mam at THEWORLD.COM> wrote:

> I remember it [i.e. churkendoose--PMc] from a children's book. A
CHicken's egg that was sat on
> for hatching by a tURKey, a hEN, a Duck, and a gOOSE -- or something
> like that. Anyone else remember it?

Yes--from a children's record back in the late 40s or early 50s, which I
probably heard played on the Big John and Sparky radio program.  The record
may have been based on a book, but I never saw the book.  The message of
the story was tolerance.

Peter Mc.

                               Peter A. McGraw
                   Linfield College   *   McMinnville, OR