nuclear/nucular

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 24 15:51:48 UTC 2002

In a message dated 10/24/02 9:19:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM writes:

> President Bush and former Pres. Carter favor  "nucular"

I am a great non-admirer of President Carter, but I must note that he was a
nucular engineer in the US Navy and therefore on this one subject speaks with
authority.

       - Jim Landau

P.S.  On a possibly-related phonetic subject:  has anyone else noticed
"judiciary" being pronounced as /joo 'dish oo eir ee/?  From my days living
in DC I remember hearing on the Metro PA speakers "the next station stop is
Judishooairy Square".