soccer usages

Fri Oct 25 00:22:09 UTC 2002

My earlier point exactly. And what you call the
hole/basket,net/whatever you score into (mine, yours,
Hussenpfeffer's) is interesting only by variable usage. In basketball
you make points at "your end of the court," but I cannot defend this
on logical grounds (nor could I defend the other label).

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Professor of Linguistics