"unsub"

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Mon Oct 28 18:19:08 UTC 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, James A. Landau wrote:

#>From an article on the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing
#Philadelphia Inquirer 27 October 2002 page C3 column 5
#<begin quote>
#"I can't tell you how many thousands and thousands of man-hours went into
#pursuing every lead that came in on unsub number two," [former FBI Deputy
#Director] Kennedy said, using the FBI shorthand for unidentified subject.
#<end quote>

Whereas with list servers like ADS-L it means "unsubscribe, cancel
subscription". I've used it that way in speech.

-- Mark A. Mandel