'circulation-goosing' - new term?

Patty Davies patty at CRUZIO.COM
Thu Oct 31 17:58:13 UTC 2002

Great replies!  Mark, the construction explanation was something I was
curious about, thanks!  Another angle on the canoodling is that I don't
recall reading or hearing this word very often in the past.   But reading
it  in sev diff tabloid newspapers, used in the same context and applied to
different couples was striking.   They all came out around the same time
(say 6 weeks ago).  There must be some kind of (recent?) history to it
being a popular word all of a sudden amongst the columnists or writers.