Thugpa (Tibetan noodle soup, 1902)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 3 06:10:21 UTC 2002

But outside Lhasa, Tibetan food is limited mainly to greasy _momos_ and
_thugpa_.
--TIBET-LONELY PLANET

   Oh, all right.  I might as well do the entire Tibetan cuisine.  I just
noticed that I had it lying around the house...I feel this deserves a "Hello,
Dalai!"

JOURNEY TO LHASA AND CENTRAL TIBET
by Sarat Chandra Das (1849-1917)
London: J. Murray
1902

Pg. 68:
   I saw several monks and laymen carrying from the monastery to Shigatse
three huge copper caldrons, about five feet in diameter, and I learnt that
tea and _tugpa_ (a soup of _tsamba_, minced meat, and radishes) were to be
prepared in them for the entertainment of upwards of a thousand beggars in
honour of the deceased.