revisiting "most un-"

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Mon Sep 9 16:10:59 UTC 2002

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, James A. Landau wrote:

>P.S.  Youir use of "ff" for "following" implies that you appreciate novelty
>in English usage,

Or that I have been to graduate or professional school - or both!

>which appears to contradict your concern with someone >else's use of the
non-standard/innovatinve "most unfavorite".>

Huh? I do not follow you. I have no <concern> with other speakers' usage -
but I often notice and record it, especially when it appears to shed
light on patterns of variation. And please note that I have not labeled
this pattern - in my experience, there is no innovation involved - I hand
long heard it.

Bethany