Irish Travellers

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Sep 22 21:59:59 UTC 2002

I do believe that's correct, but Pitt's dialect was just a funny hodge-podge
that he threw together (I saw a making-of on the DVD).

BTW, for another look at Irish Travellers in the U.S., check out TRAVELLER
(1997) with Bill Paxton and Julianna Margulies.  I have no idea whether or
not it's culturally accurate in any way, but it is pretty entertaining.

On 9/22/02 1:52 PM, "Drew Danielson" <andrew.danielson at CMU.EDU> wrote:

> Didn't the recent movie "Sntach" deal in part with Irish Traveller
> culture in England?

‹

Bob Haas
Department of English