strack--was troops

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Apr 15 17:37:13 UTC 2003

Strack is German, meaning 'straight, taut.' It's usually used these days
in schnurstracks 'straight as an arrow' (lit. straight as a string); you'd
go schnurstracks to the office of some official, for example, to complain
about something. Maybe 'make a bee-line' would be an appropriate
dictionary entry for _schnurstracks gehen_.

PR