N.Y. Observer: "shyster" is anti-Semitic slur

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Thu Apr 17 17:15:12 UTC 2003

Still another spelling: I went to high school with a Francine Schriock,
whose name, like the Shryock cited below, was pronounced "shrock".  Like
Jim Landau, I never associated it with Shylock until this moment.

Peter mc.

--On Thursday, April 17, 2003 12:45 PM -0400 "James A. Landau"