Quick thanks!

Yass Shoji yass67 at POPPY.OCN.NE.JP
Sun Aug 3 02:41:55 UTC 2003

Dear all who kindly responded to my question about "Hi?",

Thank you so much for all your interesting and insightful responses,
comments, explanations! Just amazed!

As I've mentioned somewhere else, I was watching others chat over the
internet and probably I could have asked them if they use "Hi?" (or why not
using it to enter a room). But a problem is I have no idea if their comments
can be authentic and trusted  because some may wish to hide their true
identity. ( I doubt serious hard working professional linguists have the
time to chat over the internet! ) Also quite often they just leave suddenly
without any response and saying good-bye. Rude and stressful! I was rather
reluctant to join them. So I really appreciate your responses that I can
TRUST!!:D (< a smile?)

And, yes, I'll certainly ask tourists and etc when I get a chance! Thank
you!

Best wishes,
Yass