Fair and Balanced

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Tue Aug 12 17:58:59 UTC 2003

vida morkunas:
 >I wouldn't say most unlikely. What I would find unlikely is Franken
 >choosing this title without some prior legal consultation. I would
 >be very surprised if Fox won this case. The PR work is for Franken,
 >not Fox.

 >This strategy has its risks - but with a different title, this book
 >would not generate at least 194 news stories today (news.google.com)

oh, of course, franken chose his (provocative) *title* in the hopes of
selling more books.  that goes without saying.  what's astonishing is
that fox should be suing him (however lamely) on the basis of Fair and
Balanced.  that's really a lot more than franken could have hoped for,
i think.

arnold