wheel-barrel

Tony McCoy O'Grady maxiogee at ESATCLEAR.IE
Wed Aug 13 21:47:13 UTC 2003

Mark Mandel wrote

>... for "wheel(-)barrow". In email from friend of a friend. Context is a
>community yard sale.

>> Please let her know that the items should be in working condition.  From

>> what I was told from the last event, we had a wheel-barrel and another
>> item that did not work and have to be junked.

Maybe there was no error. When I was much younger here in Ireland, a
neighbour with a large garden, which included a tennis court, and vegetable

and flower beds had two water-butts on wheels. These were usually located
under downpipes  from the gutters and could be pulled, when full to any part

of the garden which required watering. The barrel part was pivoted near the

top to prevent  spillage. I remember these items well as we used to take turns

to stand in them when empty and play 'Charioteers"

Tony McCoy O'Grady
--
http://www.iol.ie