Fair & Balanced

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Thu Aug 14 16:50:16 UTC 2003

        The Fox News complaint against Al Franken and his publisher has been posted on the FindLaw web site.  It's interesting reading.  Fox is represented by Hogan and Hartson, a large international firm based in Washington, D.C.  I'm sure there are people at Hogan and Hartson who are praying that their firm's association with this frivolous case does not become widely known.  I would love to be in the courtroom when they try to get a preliminary injunction.

        The case is Fox News Network, LLC v. Penguin Group (USA), Inc. and Alan S. Franken, Index No. 602514/2003, in New York Supreme Court (a trial-level court, despite the grandiloquent name), online at

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/ip/foxpenguin80703cmp.pdf

John Baker