Makes your tongue slap your brain

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Aug 23 04:43:52 UTC 2003

"But there isn't a dish that would, as they say in Alabama, make my tongue
slap my brain."
--INDIA IN NEW YORK, Food section, 22 August 2003, pg. 30, col. 4.

   Where does this saying come from?

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
From: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=author:mperry%40vnet.net+">Mike Perry</A> (<A HREF="mailto:mperry%40vnet.net">mperry at vnet.net</A>)
Subject: Re: Favorite Meal
Newsgroups: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.food.cooking">rec.food.cooking</A>
Date: 1999/08/19

Barbecued chicken on the grill (drunken chicken:
seeusers.vnet.net/mperry/drunkchicks.html )

Sweet corn off the cob cooked with real butter and when done mixed withvine
ripened tomatoes peeled and chopped up and prepared with a tad ofvinegar,
sugar, salt and pepper

Steak fries w/ Heinz 57 sauce

Unsweetened iced tea

'make ya tongue slap ya brain