Computer proverbs - backlash

Fri Aug 29 19:17:06 UTC 2003

This is at least seven years old. Here it is in a Google post from 3
January 1996, which credits it to Car & Driver Magazine. Other posts
credit it to the February 1996 issue of the magazine, which, given lead
times and publishing dates, would jibe.

http://groups.google.com/
groups?selm=4cdfc6%24imn%40news3.digex.net&output=gplain

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 09:58 AM, James A. Landau wrote:

> At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly
> compared the computer industry with the auto industry and
> stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer
> industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000
> miles to the gallon."

[snippety-snip]

Grant