Bob-key

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Mon Dec 8 05:36:30 UTC 2003

So I'm in the stall, and there being no graffiti, I'm reduced to reading
the instructions for changing rolls of tissue.  These instructions make
reference to a "bob-key", which is apparently inserted into the spindle in
such a way that one of the axial pins is pushed back, allowing the spindle
to be removed from the wall bracket.  I'm guessing that a heavy paper-clip
would do the job, but the term itself is new to me.  I'm also puzzled as to
which of the senses of "bob" might be involved here.

So too is an Andrea Tomkins at
http://www.quietfish.com/notebook/20323.html  (the only true hit in Google):

bob-key, and why should a toilet roll holder even need one? Is this a new
antitheft feature? More importantly, who, in my office, is the Keeper of
the Bob-key? Dare I broach this subject with the office manager?)
<<<<<

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at visi.com       Saint Paul MN USA