Boughten bread

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Dec 10 17:02:42 UTC 2003

I never heard "boughten" alone, but "store-bought" has always been used in
our family to designate something not homemade.  I dimly remember starting
out with "store-boughten" way back in my childhood in S. California and/or
Oregon (late 40s-early 50s), and switching to "store-bought" in response to
a parental correction.

Peter Mc.

--On Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:45 AM -0500 "James A. Landau"