more on present tense + "for/since"

PL stephen_lombardo at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 17 22:39:04 UTC 2003

Beverly--I'm not sure that the present tense can NEVER
arise in native-speaker English.
I recently came across a blurb written by a native
speaker, in which a verb in the present tense ("enjoy"
IIRC) was used in sentence with a perfective meaning,
followed by "since" or "for" to express duration. I
don't recall what the title of the book was.

Best,

Steve

<flanigan at OHIOU.EDU>  wrote: "I hear/read this only in
non-native English, and not just in present tense but
also in present progressive constructions: We live/are
living here since 10 years (ago)/for 10 years/since 1993......"