deedly-ball

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Fri Dec 19 19:42:16 UTC 2003

>I've never heard of this descript either.  And I pulled out my oldest
>sewing book, copyright 1972,and it was called "knotted fringe" and says
>"Before fringing an edge, make a test tassel to decide best length and
>thickness.  There are two methods for making knotted fringe."  Doesn't
>mention attaching a ball to the tassel.
>
>interested in dealy-ball stuff for no particular reason :}
>
>Patty
 ~~~~~~~
The ball fringe familiar to me from my childhood wasn't merely knotted
fringe, but had actual chenille balls, like miniature stocking cap bobbles,
attached at frequent -- say, 3/4 in -- intervals, hanging from little
stems, like petioles. [It was often used on plain linen crash curtains.
Adding it to floral patterns sounds a bit much!]
A. Murie