Arnold Zwicky's collection of blends (was:Re: Fed up)

Wed Dec 24 16:54:46 UTC 2003

On Dec 22, 2003, at 6:34 PM, Gerald Cohen wrote:

> At 8:23 AM -0800 12/22/03, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
>> .like gerald cohen, i'm interested in syntactic blends and have been
>> collecting them for years. <snip>
>

> Arnold,
>   How many do you have? Any plans to publish them?

i'm away from my files, but the total collection isn't huge and it's
very scattershot.  what i *do* have is pretty large collections of
blend or possibly blend-originated examples of a few specific types,
for example WH+that ("I wonder how many people that were at the party")
and GoToGo ("She's going to San Francisco and talk on firewalls").
i've published on the first (as has aimo seppa"nen) and have a grad
student working on the second (using my collection plus a very large
collection assembled by david denison).

arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu)