"Nobody Goes There--It's Too Crowded" (1957)

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Wed Dec 24 19:20:20 UTC 2003

    About 15 years ago an article (by William Safire, I think) mentioned that
Yogi Berra was being credited with many sayings that he had never really said.
It was sort of cool to say, "As Yogi Berra would say,..." and then
fill in the blank with whatever folksy philosophical or mildly
nonsensical statement one had in mind.

     Looks like one more might now be added to the list. (I say
"might" because Berra was already in the major leagues by 1957).

Gerald Cohen

P.S. His most famous saying is "It ain't over 'til it's over." Is
that one of his genuine contributions?