Critical Mass and motorcycles

Sam Clements sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Sun Feb 2 05:19:26 UTC 2003

Someone over at the StraightDope posted a weird message about a "critical
mass" of motorcycles in Philly last week.  I jovially asked for a
description of what a "critical mass" of motorcycles might be.  Another
poster cited an article from someone in Calif? and I remembered that I saw
about 200 motorcycles go through a traffic light just down the street from
me here in Akron in September.  Mentioned in the article was the fact that
they were going through a red light.

So, is there currently some validity to the term "critical mass" as applied
to motocycles going through red lights?

SC