Critical Mass and motorcycles

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Mon Feb 3 06:05:09 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Sam Clements wrote:

#Ooops!  I just reread the original message at the SD and the article to
#which I referred.   In both cases, they were referring to "bikers" meaning
#bicyclists.
#
#Living in Northern Ohio, I naturally think of a "biker" as a motorcyclist.

I tend to, too. I think that this sense is displacing the older one for
me; I tend to say "cyclist" or "bicyclist" for that.

#We have limited places to ride bicycles here, certainly not on the street in
#traffic.  Sorry for the confusion.

It's giving rise to another on-topic thread-- cool.

-- Mark M.