nominal

Matthew Gordon GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Feb 3 18:35:26 UTC 2003

I shouldn't have gone from memory. The exact quotes from the press
conference:

"it was the planned Progress launch, bringing up the nominal supplies."

"We handled that debris impact like we would do any off-nominal event."

another one that makes it pretty clear this is a special usage:

" Another interesting piece of information that even though the mid
fuselage bine (ph) line temp showed a 60-degree rise over five minutes,
just inside that wall -- outside we saw a 60-degree rise in five minutes
-- just inside the wall, in the payload bay, our cryotanks, our
cryogenic tanks were nominal. So, it didn't look like there was any
increase in temperature within the payload bay,..."