C, D, K Rations (1942); MRE (1978)

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Fri Feb 7 16:25:18 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 01:22:31AM -0500, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
> MRE
>
>    We discussed this in June 2002, and "MRE" is still not in the revised OED.  The initals were used before the Gulf War and before the 1980s.

Oh, come on, Barry, be nice! If you're going to criticize us, at least
criticize us for the things we're _really_ missing!

MRE is in the revised OED, under "M". You find it by typing "MRE" in
the main search box.

The first quote is only from 1984, now moving back to 1978, thank you.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED