Potatoes O'Brien or O'Brien Potatoes (1905)

David Bergdahl bergdahl at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Mon Feb 10 13:56:38 UTC 2003

--On Monday, February 10, 2003 1:49 AM -0500 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

ssociation between the Irish and potatoes. The dish consists of
> diced potatoes (sometimes precooked) that are fried with chopped onions
> and PIMIENTOS until the potatoes are crisp and brown.

...and --of course-- every short order cook knows that potatoes liberally
doused w/paprika brown really nicely, so my guess is that O'Brien was a
short order cook!

:-)