In There Like Swimwear!

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 14 04:46:01 UTC 2003

IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR

   I was watching ESPN Bowling (the only tv show not to mention Iraq) and the announcer said that the ball was "In there like swimwear!"
   Again, this is BOWLING.  They know from swimwear?
   Google Groups has it from 15 July 1993.
   It's also on this web site, which has other slang:

http://www.voxcommunications.com/5inswim.htm

MISC.

   Greetings from Colombo.  No sign yet of Peter Falk or Arthur C. Clarke.

POOL CHANGING ROOM--From a sign seen at my hotel.  What do the swimming pools change in to?

"TEENAGE"-FOR ADULTS ONLY--A film playing at a local cinema here.  What's next, a film titled KIDS with an "R" rating?

CEYLON DAILY NEWS
COOKERY BOOK
by Hilda Deutrom
Pannipitiya, Sri Lanka: Stamford Lake Limited
First edition 1929
Fifth edition, rivised and improved 1964
Eleventh impression 1999

   It's 381 pages paperback, about $10.  It has about 1600 recipes.  Lots of "hoppers" here, which I haven't tried yet...