ADS at MLA in San Diego

Michael Adams MAdams1448 at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 21 01:04:44 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues,

You may have noticed the call for papers for the two ADS sessions at this
year's MLA Convention in San Diego in the recent issue of NADS.  I'd like to
invite participation in those sessions here, by requesting that anyone
interested send an abstract to me at MAdams1448 at aol.com by March 20.  In the
MLA Newsletter, I advertised the sessions as focused on stylistics, hoping
that non-ADS MLA members might even send an abstract.  But ADS members can
send abstracts for papers on any subject.  If we have enough for a session on
stylistics (we haven't had one in some time), then fine, but I'm not counting
on it.  NB:  The MLA, bless its heart, is not a generous organization:  in
order to present a paper at this year's convention, one must be an MLA member
by April 8, 2003.  In other words, please don't send an absract unless you
intend to meet that condition.  But, given that, please send abstracts if you
plan to attend the convention or would like to become a member and attend
this year.

Michael Adams