The Chipmunks

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Feb 24 16:37:12 UTC 2003

At 11:06 AM -0500 2/24/03, Baker, John wrote:
>         Although "The Chipmunks" first aired in 1983, there were
>earlier shows with The Chipmunks, starting with "The Alvin Show" in
>1961.  The Chipmunks started in 1958, with "The Chipmunk Song" (aka
>"Christmas, Don't Be Late").  However, as far as I know Brittany was
>not seen before 1983.  For more information, see
>
>http://www.toonopedia.com/alvin.htm
>
>John Baker

What isn't mentioned in that otherwise very informative piece is that
the producer of the TV version of the Chipmunks was a man named Sack,
who just happens to have been the husband of my mother's second
cousin.  I even swam in their swimming pool once in 1966, behind
their expensive Sherman Oaks house the Chipmunks built.

Larry