"slang" and "informal" as dict labels

Mike Salovesh salovex at WPO.CSO.NIU.EDU
Tue Feb 25 11:06:32 UTC 2003

Mark A Mandel wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Mike Salovesh wrote:
>
> #P.S.: Sturgeon produced his own corollaries to his classic law. Much more
> #modestly, when I first read it I proposed Salovesh's Three Lemmas to
> #Sturgeon's Law:
> #
> #1.  It ain't 90, it's 99.
> #
> #2.  It's worse than crap: it's shit.
> #
> #3.  The remainder is worth searching for, because that's what makes
> #     it worthwhile to be a human being.
>
> Mike, those are great. May I steal them for my .sig assortment, with
> credit of course?
>
> -- Mark A. Mandel
>    http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/
>    a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website

Of course you can USE them . . .  but it's hardly stealing if you give me
credit. I follow the spirit Tom Lehrer's song attributes to Nicolai
Ivanovitch Lobachevski: you can get away with plagiarism as long as you
call it research. With citations, of course.

-- mike     <m-salovesh-9 at alumni.uchicago.edu>     PEACE !!!