"shisety" (new word?)

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sun Jan 5 02:14:57 UTC 2003

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Jewls2u wrote:

#>>>>He also allows just now that it means "crappy" in the same sense of the
#snowboarder.
#
#And, indeed, how could it not have come from someone's hearing "scheiss"?
#Returning US servicemen stationed in Germany the last 10 years or so?<<<<
#
#It just looks like a slightly more sanitised version of shizitty. Same
#word-bend as bizitch and fizucker. All of which has been kicking around
#since at least the mid-80's. I don't recall hearing beeatch until the 90's
#though.

"Looks" is right. If this is /'Saisti/, with a "long" first letter "i",
it sounds nothing like "shizitty" and is more plausibly deriveable from
"Scheisse". OTOH, if it is /SI'sIt'i/, then "shisety" is (IMHO, and to
stay in character) a piss-poor way to spell it; I would use something
more like "shisitty". And if it is /SI'zIt'i/ then the spelling you've
already used is the best one.

-- Mark A. Mandel