Caipinyagi; Carved Doors

Towse self at TOWSE.COM
Thu Jan 9 17:00:38 UTC 2003

Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

>    From a restaurant called SWEET & EAZY here in Zanzibar:
>
> CAIPINYAGI--Brazil-Zanzibar; Konyagi, lime, can sugar.

I've never heard of caipinyagi from the Brazilian angle.
Caipirinha, yes, which is made with cachaca (white rum),
superfine sugar, and lime.

Brazil also has the batida, which is essentially the same thing
-- maybe a difference between south and north? The batida is
something they drink up in Belem, at the mouth of the Amazon. The
recipe for batida is "one of sour, two of sweet, three of strong,
and four of weak: lime juice, superfine sugar, cachaca, crushed
ice.

Sal
--
3K+ useful links for writers, researchers and the terminally
curious <http://www.internet-resources.com/writers/>