the plural of 'nieces and nephews'

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sat Jan 11 21:57:30 UTC 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Wendalyn Nichols wrote:

#Grant Barrett's posting about the recent barrage of mail reminded me that
#I'd been meaning to share a coinage by a friend of mine. She calls her
#nieces and nephews "niblings," which I think is so delightful that I've
#adopted the term, having nine such critters myself.

I'm sure I've heard that before, in this sense, but I don't know where,
and also as essentially somebody's coinage or family in-word. Good term,
anyway.

-- Mark M.