Sandwich Generation

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 14 16:58:10 UTC 2003

In a message dated 1/14/03 11:36:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
laurence.horn at YALE.EDU writes:

> >    The Paul McFedries Wordspy word-of-the-day is "club sandwich
>  >generation."

If "sandwich generation" refers to people sandwiched in between caring for
their children and caring for their parents, then I am baffled what "club
sandwich generation" might refer to, since a "club sandwich" has three slices
of bread and two layers of filling.

>.  (I think I'll take a pass on Louisville's Hot Brown

I have a vague recollection that the name refers not to the appearance of the
dish but rather to its having been originated in Louisville's Brown Hotel.

                  - Jim Landau