F**king-A and on accident

David Bergdahl bergdahl at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Tue Jan 14 18:35:03 UTC 2003

1.  At lunch today one of the group claimed that the expression "f**king-A"
was a play on Flying-A gas stations, a New England chain--someone mentioned
Tidewater Oil.  The two people we heard it from were 60+ New Englanders.
Any insight from the group?
2.  My daughter in Seattle writes "people on this coast say 'on accident'
instead of 'by accident' which sounds really weird to me. Have I mentioned
that to you before? For example, 'I went to the wrong classroom on
accident.'" I, personally, have never heard this--is it west coast or just
NW?