Maides of Honor (1587); High Holy Dayes (1653)

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 16 21:05:55 UTC 2003

Er, that should be http://wwwlib.umi.com/eebo.

>  "The hope of Israel: written by Menasseh ben Israel, a Hebrew divine, and
>  philosopher. Newly extant, and printed in Amsterdam, and dedicated by the
>  author to the High Court, the Parliament of England, and to the Councell of
>  State. Translated into English, and published by authority. In this
treatise
>  is shewed the place wherein the ten tribes at this present are, proved
> partly
>  by the strange relation of one Anthony Montezinus, a Jew, of what befell
him
>  as he travelled over the Mountaines Cordillaere, with divers other
>  particulars about the restoration of the Jewes, and the time when. by
>  Manasseh ben Israel, 1604-1657. Printed at London : by R.I. for Hannah
Allen,
>  at the Crown in Popes-head Alley, 1650"

The apparently prescient "by  Manasseh ben Israel, 1604-1657" was inserted by
the database people and is NOT on the title page.

     - Jim Landau