Rerun of a bad movie; Nail jelly to the wall

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Wed Jan 22 18:32:52 UTC 2003

This thread, plus the one about the Vince Lombardi quote and a discussion on
my website about a 19th century economics quote, got me thinking...

Is there a source that addresses misattributed or fallacious quotes in
something resembling a comprehensive manner? There are an enormous number of
false quotations floating about out there. A single volume (or website) that
debunks the worst of these would be a very useful tool. I know that many
books of quotations and sites like snopes.com do this on a case-by-case
basis, but I've never seen a source that attempts a comprehensive treatment.

I'm not suggesting that Fred's book do this. I'm just wondering if anyone
has done it.

http://quotationdictionary.com