jibe/jive, needs washed

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Thu Jan 23 23:52:58 UTC 2003

A nice comment.  A friend of mine who teaches in the English Dept. here at
Ohio University and is also from Pennsylvania (I can't recall where) has
actually been chided by her own faculty colleagues about "needs
washed"--talk about arrogance.  But you're right--it's common in central
and southern Ohio but not in your northern area.