Snail Salad vs. May breakfast etc.

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 29 05:07:16 UTC 2003

   I feel that "snail salad" is worth recording, certainly for the various people who read my posts.  Ron doesn't think it's recording outside of a cookbook.  We disagree.
   The travelin' Sterns say that "snail salad" is uniquely Rhode Island.  DARE will have to give it consideration.
   Say it's included in the next DARE.  I've done work for no pay.
   Say it's NOT included in the next DARE.  And say that OED is not interested.  And say OUP's OXFORD ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN FOOD AND DRINK is not interested.  And say that David Barnhart is not interested for his book.  What do you want me to do then?  Apologize to everyone on the ADS-L list for not cutting "snail salad" out of a post that also included "rabe"?  Shoot myself?  Jump off a bridge?
   Isn't "snail salad" for all of those groups to decide for _themselves_, after reading about it?
   Do we have to have a flame about this?
   Don't I ever do anything that you do like?