Toasted Ravioli (1962)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 6 21:10:35 UTC 2003

STEAM BEER

   I don't know if the next DARE is working up "steam."

   21 September 1870, ATLANTA CONSITUTION, pg.2?, col. 8:
Atlanta Steam Brewery.
Ale, Porter and Beer.

   7 December 1887, DAILY NEVADA STATE JOURNAL (Reno, Nevada), pg. 2?, col.
3:
THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT I MANUFACTURE the best Steam Beer made or sold in
Reno--San Francisco or Sacramento Beer not excepted.
(...)  George Becker

   28 June 1889, FRESNO WEEKLY REPUBLICAN (Fresno, California), pg. 9?, col.
6:
   An evening contemporary is responsible for the statement that the keg of
beer used at the meeting of Company C last Wednesday night was donated by one
of the members who had been elected to office, but on the vital question as to
whether the beer was lager or steam the contemporary is silent.

TOASTED RAVIOLI

   A St. Louis dish, but I don't have the POST-DISPATCH available for
searching.
   DARE?

   17 May 1962, EDWARDSVILLE INTELLIGENCER (Edwardsville, Ill.), pg. 11, col.
2:
   Many types of seafoods, choice steaks and chops, prime roasts and "pastas"
(toasted revioli, spaghetti and other Italian favorites) will be offered on
our menus.