"gay agenda"

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Mon Jul 7 14:35:59 UTC 2003

In a message dated 7/7/2003 12:03:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, Justice Scalia
writes:

> "the agenda promoted by some
> homosexual activists directed at eliminating the moral opprobrium
> that has traditionally attached to homosexual conduct."

Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I saw some more context from Justice
Scalia's dissent, but it looks to me as if "agenda" in the above quote has
nothing more than the traditional meaning of a "proposed list of items to be
discussed".

What bothers me is that Scalia used the word "some".  I would imagine that
most if not all such activists have such an item on their public agendae.

As for "Jewish agenda", back in the early 1980's I knew several people who
were involved in a political activist group which called itself "Committee for a
New Jewish Agenda."  I have no idea whether this group still exists and/or
still uses that name.

(This group, when it went out for ice cream, was known as the "Committee for
a New Jewish Haagen-Daaz").

       - James A. Landau  (who prefers ice cream to politics)