"Blow this..." in film scripts

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 10 20:57:08 UTC 2003

   From AMERICAN FILM SCRIPTS ONLINE.  Can someone forward this to TIME OUT?

Bibliographic criteria: none
Searching Entire Database for blow this. Your search found 8 occurrences
Line by Line Display     Sorted by Author     Sorted by Source     Frequency by Year

1. Riskin, Robert. "Lost Horizon (1937)"
[Page 83 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
(snapping at him) You've been lying to us ever since we got here! Apparently it's worked with some people. Perhaps it's because they lack the courage to do anything about it. But not me, Chang. You're up against the wrong man. I'll get out of here, if I have to blow this fantastic place into the valley! I'll get out--porters or no porters! And with this threat, he storms out of the room. CHANG You must prevail upon him not to attempt the journey. He could never get through that country

2. Blumenthal, John; Berry, Michael. "Short Time (1990)"
[Page 62 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
STREET. DAY Burt's car slams into the back of the Lutz' car knocking them onto the railroad tracks. Burt stays with them. 102 INT. LUTZ MOBILE MICHAEL LUTZ Blow this guy away!! Jonas scrambles into the back seat again. 103 EXT. CHASE. DAY We see Jonas being bounced around by the railroad ties as he points the gun out the back window. Burt rams

3. Feke, Steve; Walton, Fred. "When a Stranger Calls (1979)"
[Page 61 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
What are you going to use? CLIFFORD Jimmy needles. Garber nods slowly, considering it a good choice of weapons at least. GARBER You're stretching our friendship, Cliff. If you blow this at all-- CLIFFORD You'll never hear from me again. Garber looks away for a moment. When he looks back, he just shrugs his shoulders, "washes his hands". GARBER Take

4. Foner, Naomi. "Running On Empty (1988)"
[Page 4 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
bruised vegetables. She tries again. This time the car starts. MAN We gotta pick up the short one? WOMAN No. He's accounted for. MAN Okay. Let's blow this pop stand. I'm starving. WOMAN You mean the Phillies are playing. The man grins disarmingly. She grins back and puts the van into gear. EXT. GRANGE-NIGHT

5. Gray, Mike; Bridges, James; Cook, T. S.. "China Syndrome (1979)"
[Page 11 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
through a door up near the front) If you will follow me--- Richard picks up one of the simulated pellets and puts it between his teeth. Kimberly follows Gibson, looking back at Richard. KIMBERLY Don't blow this for me, Richard. Listen to me-- don't blow it for me-- this is coverage, not controversy. Richard grins with the pellet between his teeth. Hector follows. She pinches him as he passes with the camera. RICHARD Ow!

6. Kouf, Jim. "Gang Related (1997)"
[Page 115 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
And she's involved. I want them all. Arthur, who was sitting across from him, stands. ARTHUR Before I leave, let me remind you that you have shit for a case. If you really care about seeing justice for your dead agent, don't blow this deal. Immunity for her testimony is a small price for a bad cop. It's the only way she's going to talk. Simms glares at Arthur. ARTHUR (CONT.) And William McCall walks, right now, all charges

7. Peters, Stephen. "Wild Things (1998)"
[Page 91 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
Ray tapes the scene- The girls on the phone. SUZIE That's easy for you to say. But I... SAM (V. O.) Suzie. Don't fall apart. The only people who can blow this is us. Remember? KELLY Right. Suzie says nothing. Kelly nudges her. SUZIE Yeah, right. SAM (V. O.)

8. Rubin, Bruce Joel. "Ghost (1990)"
[Page 78 | Paragraph | Scene | Section | Table of Contents]
a joke? WILLIE (casually) I did you a favor. Freebee. CARL Jesus! (sickened) These are drug dealers, man. (pause) Don't blow this for me, Willie. I've risked my job here. I could go to jail. A hundred thousand of that money goes to me. Now give me Sam's key. I'll get that address book myself. Willie goes to the desk drawer and takes out Sam's key. Sam, unable to control himself, explodes in a fit of rage.

Results Bibliography
Lost Horizon (1937): Shooting script. Written by: Riskin, Robert, 1897-1955. Adapted by: Riskin, Robert, 1897-1955. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1937, by Robert Riskin. Published edition used by permission of Patrick McGilligan.. Also published in Riskin, Robert, 1897-1955, Six Screenplays by Robert Riskin, McGilligan, Pat, Berkeley, CA, University of California Press, 1997. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]
Short Time (1990): Shooting script. Written by: Blumenthal, John; Berry, Michael. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1990, Gladden Entertainment. Reproduced by permission of John Blumenthal and Michael Berry.. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]

When a Stranger Calls (1979): Shooting script. Written by: Feke, Steve; Walton, Fred. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1979, Fred Walton and Steve Feke.. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]

Running On Empty (1988): Shooting script. Screenplay by: Foner, Naomi. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1988 Lorimar Film Entertainment. Reproduced by permission of Naomi Foner.. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]

China Syndrome (1979): Shooting script. Written by: Bridges, James, 1936-1993; Gray, Mike; Cook, T. S., 1947-. Screenplay by: Gray, Mike. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1979, IPC Films. Reproduced by permission of Mike Gray, Thomas S. Cook and the Estate of James Bridges.. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]

Gang Related (1997): Shooting script. Written by: Kouf, Jim, 1954-. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1997, Orion Pictures Corporation. Reproduced by permission of Jim Kouf.. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]

Wild Things (1998): Shooting script. Written by: Peters, Stephen, 1947-. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1998, Mandalay Entertainment. Reproduced by permission of Stephen Peters.. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]

Ghost (1990): Shooting script. Written by: Rubin, Bruce Joel, 1943-. Electronic Edition by Alexander Street Press, L.L. C., 2002.Copyright © 1990, Paramount Pictures. Reproduced by permission of Bruce Joel Rubin.. [Writer Information] [Bibliographic Details] [Character Information]

Produced in collaboration with the University of Chicago.
Send mail to Editor at AlexanderSt.com  with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2002 Alexander Street Press, LLC.  All rights reserved.
PhiloLogic Software, Copyright © 2001 The University of Chicago.