OED and the QPBB

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Jul 22 14:14:02 UTC 2003

        Thanks for the answer, Jesse.  QPB is obviously limited in the amount that it can pay to provide a free service to book club members, for which OUP charges individuals $550/annum (which I think we can agree is a little steep).  I'll look forward with great interest to the reasonable individual subscription plan.

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Sheidlower [mailto:jester at PANIX.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 10:05 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: OED and the QPBB

The answer is that QPB access to OED Online will probably not
return. I won't attempt to assign blame to QPB; let's just
say that the renegotiations weren't successful.

On the other hand, we should be rolling out a reasonable
individual subscription plan by the late Fall.

Jesse Sheidlower
Oxford English Dictionary